Heart Failure Program
A rare expertise in improving the lives of those with heart failure
We’re Five-Star rated for the treatment of heart failure.
Coronary artery disease (CAD), a heart attack or other cardiac condition, can damage and weaken muscle of the walls of the heart. The heart failure program at Lourdes Cardiology provides care for patients with this condition. Through both inpatient and outpatient care, the program focuses on improving your quality of life and reducing the risk of hospital readmissions. At the Lourdes Heart Failure Center, a dedicated team of advanced practice nurses, cardiac rehabilitation staff, physicians, pharmacists and dieticians creates an individualized, evidence-based treatment program for you, which may include:
• Fluid status review and adjustment
• Exercise endurance testing
• Drug therapies, nutritional guidance, physical activity regimens
• Educational and emotional support
• Family support and lifestyle assistance
• Advanced therapies, where required, such as implantable pacing devices, defibrillating devices and cardiac surgeries
The program ensures that heart failure patients know how to manage their condition and have an ongoing source of support and care. Through close surveillance and adherence to standard-of-care guidance for patients, our program has helped to set the mark in heart failure management by reducing hospital readmissions by more than half among the 1,000+ heart failure patients we currently serve.
Heart Failure Center care is available at several locations throughout South Jersey.